Monday, June 1, 2009

Under Pressure

So, there are studies that show that acupuncture helps everything from headaches to allergies to infertility and smoking cessation. There are also many people, probably some people that have a name followed by a big M.D., that will tell you nonsense, it probably can't truly help. And then there are the grey areas...the people that think, maybe - just maybe, but don't put all your eggs in one basket. (No pun intended)

When it comes to infertility and acupunctures (and I've tried 3 different Traditional Chinese Medicine Doctors, so I know the ins and outs of this stuff) I tend to fall somewhere in the middle, leaning towards a strong, definitive yes..especially on days where I have one of those amazing acupuncture induced naps, which happens to be today! I think about it like my faith and my relationship with God. I believe, and deep down I know it's true...and I choose to believe and grow my faith because I just do. And when you die, if this religion thing is all a lie(which Iknow it's not) , then what did I waste by believing in and worshiping God. Nothing. I absolutely only gained. I gained living a good life, doing good things for others, striving to love like Jesus did and having faith when the going gets rough, tough get praying. So, although much less of a spiritual and moral topic, I believe acupuncture helps. Even if it doesn't, I know it's doing something good. So, as I work to simplify my mind full of decisions, paths to pregnancy and crazy hormone surges - I will make this decision and stick with it. Besides, as Dr. M, my newly appointed reproductive endocrinologist says, "Can't Help, May Hurt." Ok, that's good enough for a pat on the back from him, I'll take it.


No comments:

Post a Comment