Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Five hundred twenty-five thousand Six hundred minutes

My 1st Mothers Day with my three sweet peas :)
As the song goes,

"How do you measure, measure a year?"

For me, it's simple and not so simple.

A year ago, Mother's Day, I was in Nashville,TN .. training for my dream job. A hard day as an employee at lululemon sometimes meant a 6 am cycle class, a full day working with customers, a "fun run" 6 miler followed by an hour and half hot,hot yoga class. And I was doing it all.

I just wasn't doing it alone last year. Little did I know that when I would fly home the day after Mother's Day that I would be getting my blood drawn to show levels of 2500. (If you have ever had your HCG levels checked...for reference, 20ish is pregnant..yes, I was 2500 and oh so naive). I should have known that if I ALMOST DIED in the hottest, longest and most grueling yoga class I've ever taken while in Nashville and these three little fighters stuck it out that I was in for the ride of my life. (I of course was totally clueless I was pregnant..as this 1st round of shots was to test my ovaries...no we didn't do IVF like most people think..just the smallest dose possible of those innocent shots to "boost" your ovaries...)

It certainly is different for everyone, but for me, it happened when I took my eyes of the goal. It's as annoying as high school sweethearts - but it's true. When I totally started to live my life, enjoy being me and enjoy my marriage with our without children, that is when it happened. God repaid us for the almost two years of heartbreak, struggle and absence. And as a testimony that God does provide in abundance and more than you can imagine in your wildest dreams... we were paid in triplicate. And those gifts came in the form of Harper Jo, Gracie Jean and Quinn Scott.

For a true reflection of the journey..here is a post from Mother's Day of 2009 (actually my first ever blog post) - Mothers Day 2009.

Isn't it ironic??

As we celebrate Mother's Day 2011...the answer to the question..how do you measure a year?

"You know that love is a gift from up above
Share love, give love spread love
Measure measure your life in love"
 
(lyrics to Seasons of Love from RENT)
I feel "____" (pick emotion) today 

The handsomest little man in my world 

No comments:

Post a Comment